Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This makes a very good brunch dish. It needs to be refrigerated overnight before baking. The recipe comes from a TV station.
- 1 loaf sourdough bread, thinly sliced with crust removed (16-ounce)
- 1 lb asparagus, blanched and slivered
- 3⁄4 lb Fontina cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained,sliced or chopped
- 3 tablespoons dried chives
- 1 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- Grease the bottom of a large casserole dish (13X9 works well).
- Place a single layer of bread in the pan, using 1/2 the bread.
- Cover with 1/2 asparagus, cheese, tomatoes, chives and pine nuts.
- Repeat layers, starting with bread.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pour evenly over layers.
- Cover and Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove cover and bake for 1 hour until puffy and brown or internal temperature reaches 145 degrees.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.