Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a wonderful breakfast or bruch dish. Its a bit healthier with the addition of egg whites.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 8 slices bread, crusts removed
- 2 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- Place 4 slices of bread into a greased baking dish.
- Place mozzarella cheese on top of the bread.
- Then evenly place the asparagus on top of the cheese.
- Top with the other 4 slices of bread.
- Mix egg, egg whites and Dijon mustard together and pour over bread.
- Let refrigerate over night.
- Sprinkle top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 45-50min or until set.