Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
An easy veggie stir-fry to serve over steamed rice. Sometimes I add water chestnuts and mushrooms.
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 453.59 g asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2 inch diagonal pieces
- 9.85 ml fresh grated gingerroot
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- In a small bowl, add the broth, cornstarch, and soy sauce; stir to combine.
- In a large skillet, add the oil; heat over high heat.
- Add the asparagus, gingerroot, garlic, and crushed red pepper flakes; stir-fry for a few minutes or until almost crisp-tender.
- Add in the broth mixture; bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Stir and continue cooking until sauce is thickened.
- Serve hot over hot cooked rice.
My husband & I tried this last night along with the Bourbon Chicken recipe from RecipeZaar. Yummm. What a wonderful meal. The sauce was not as soupy as shown in the pic , it thicken up around the asparagus giving the stalks a great flavor. The crushed red pepper flakes added that extra little kick that took this meal to the next level. 5 stars for us. We will fix again!
Oh my, Nurse Di!! This was great asparagus!! Happened to come upon some on special,usually quite expensive in the middle of winter here, so this was a real treat and had to be a really good recipe and wow this was!!!!We loved the garlic, ginger and pepper flakes, wonderful taste treat! I did have to use beef broth; didn't have any chicken broth, don't think it made any difference at all. Thanks for sharing this tasty veg, we will be preparing it again!