Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
An easy veggie stir-fry to serve over steamed rice. Sometimes I add water chestnuts and mushrooms.
Top Review by ciaiphas99
My husband & I tried this last night along with the Bourbon Chicken recipe from RecipeZaar. Yummm. What a wonderful meal. The sauce was not as soupy as shown in the pic , it thicken up around the asparagus giving the stalks a great flavor. The crushed red pepper flakes added that extra little kick that took this meal to the next level. 5 stars for us. We will fix again!
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2 inch diagonal pieces
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated gingerroot
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, add the broth, cornstarch, and soy sauce; stir to combine.
- In a large skillet, add the oil; heat over high heat.
- Add the asparagus, gingerroot, garlic, and crushed red pepper flakes; stir-fry for a few minutes or until almost crisp-tender.
- Add in the broth mixture; bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Stir and continue cooking until sauce is thickened.
- Serve hot over hot cooked rice.