Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A nice light side dish.
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, fresh baby
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Wash asparagus and trim off bottom of stems by about 2 inches.
- In a large skillet, bring about 1/2-inch of water to a rapid boil. Season the water with salt.
- Add the asparagus and cook for 2-3 minutes or until bright green and just tender.
- Drain the asparagus and place it immediately in a bowl of ice water to shock it. This will help the asparagus to retain the bright green color. Drain.
- Add butter to the skillet to melt. Stir in the lemon zest and juice. Add the drained asparagus to the skillet. Toss to coat and heat. Serve immediately.
This recipe turned out great. A nice new way to enjoy asparagus. Thanks for sharing.
I halved the lemon juice and zest, and it was restaurant quality, if not better. Thank you.