- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, fresh baby
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash asparagus and trim off bottom of stems by about 2 inches.
- In a large skillet, bring about 1/2-inch of water to a rapid boil. Season the water with salt.
- Add the asparagus and cook for 2-3 minutes or until bright green and just tender.
- Drain the asparagus and place it immediately in a bowl of ice water to shock it. This will help the asparagus to retain the bright green color. Drain.
- Add butter to the skillet to melt. Stir in the lemon zest and juice. Add the drained asparagus to the skillet. Toss to coat and heat. Serve immediately.