An impressive starter to serve to dinner guests that is quick and easy and can be prepared ahead.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain asparagus cuts and retain liquid.
- 2Make a white sauce with the butter, flour, seasoning and reserved asparagus juice.
- 3Add half the cheese into the sauce and melt.
- 4Cool slightly and add the cream.
- 5Place the drained asparagus cuts onto individual serving dishes (those scalloped shaped little serving dishes make an impressive show).
- 6Spoon over sauce and sprinkle with remainder of cheese and crushed potato crisps.
- 7Bake at 350F for approximately 10 minutes.
- 8NOTE: To enjoy the company of your guests, prepare ahead up to "baking" point.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Starter
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.2
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 65.1 mg
- Sodium 236.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 8.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: