1/2 Photos of Asparagus, Squash and Cheese Souffle
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This is an excellent recipe with great flavor and it's fairly easy to prepare.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut into1/4-inch-thick half-moon slices
- 1 lb thin asparagus, bottoms trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper, strips
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallion tops
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- vegetable oil cooking spray, as needed
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Add the onion, squash, and asparagus and cook, stirring, until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat and stir in the pepper strips and scallions.
- 5Transfer to a bowl and let cool.
- 6In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- 7Stir in the cheeses and the cooled vegetables.
- 8Spray a 9 X 5-inch loaf pan with vegetable oil spray, line the bottom with a piece of parchment paper, and spray again.
- 9Pour the egg mixture into the prepared pan, and top with another piece of vegetable oil sprayed parchment paper.
- 10Place the pan in a larger baking dish and place on the center oven rack.
- 11Pour enough hot water into the baking dish to reach halfway up the loaf pan.
- 12Bake until the center is firm and a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- 13Remove the souffle from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- 14Run a butter knife around the edges of the pan to release the souffle.
- 15Turn the souffle out onto a cutting board and remove the parchment paper.
- 16Cut the souffle into 8 slices and serve hot or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus, Squash and Cheese Souffle
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.2
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 176.5 mg
- Sodium 413.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 12.5 g