Recipe by ellie3763
from "today i ate..." - http://todayiateck.blogspot.com/2010/06/asparagus-spinach-and-goat-cheese.html
- 10 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk (may use soy if desired)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 20 asparagus spears, tough ends removed and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 4 cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1 cup feta, crumbled
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk together egg whites, eggs, and soy milk. Set aside.
- In an oven save skillet, heat olive oil. Add asparagus, spinach, onion, salt, and pepper. Cook on medium heat for 5-7 minutes until asparagus is tender and spinach has wilted.
- Pour the egg mixture over the veggies and mix in about half of the feta. Cook for an additional 5-7 minutes on medium-low heat until the eggs are mostly set.
- Sprinkle the remaining feta over the eggs and transfer the skillet to the oven. Bake for 10-15 minutes until frittata is firm. Broil for 1-2 minutes to brown cheese.