Recipe by TGirl,RN
Tender asparagus and mushrooms get loads of flavor from garlic and Dijon mustard.
Top Review by Bergy
Delightful combination! My asparagus were very skinny and I do like them crunchy so I did not preboil them. I put the butter, mustard and mushrooms on the skillet heated the mushrooms through and then added damp asparagus, cooked for 3 minutes stirred them twice and they were perfect. Had a picky eater for dinner and they disappeared from her plate in a hurry Thanks TGirl,RN for a very good recipe
- 1 lb asparagus spear, trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place asparagus in skillet, adding just enough water to cover.
- Boil for 5 to 7 minutes, or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- Drain well, return asparagus to skillet, and add remaining ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until mushrooms have heated through.