Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tender asparagus and mushrooms get loads of flavor from garlic and Dijon mustard.
- 1 lb asparagus spear, trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- salt, to taste
- Place asparagus in skillet, adding just enough water to cover.
- Boil for 5 to 7 minutes, or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- Drain well, return asparagus to skillet, and add remaining ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until mushrooms have heated through.
Delightful combination! My asparagus were very skinny and I do like them crunchy so I did not preboil them. I put the butter, mustard and mushrooms on the skillet heated the mushrooms through and then added damp asparagus, cooked for 3 minutes stirred them twice and they were perfect. Had a picky eater for dinner and they disappeared from her plate in a hurry Thanks TGirl,RN for a very good recipe
Delicious -- my new favorite way to make asparagus. I used the skinny asparagus for this dish, cooking it about half the time indicated and it was just perfect with steak and baked potatoes. Thanks for sharing! This is a keeper for sure.
Agree with Ellie2, perfect side dish with sirloin steaks for dinner today. The mustard in the sauce enhanced the meat! Since we like asparagus barely tender I did not add it until the mushrooms/sauce mixture was done, it was perfect! A keeper!!