Recipe by Angela Marie
Can be a bit messy to make, but well worth the effort. Never have made these and not wished I had more to serve. They really do go quickly
Top Review by JessicaLynn22
A friend of mine did something similar for her daughter's bridal shower... she had the white bread without crusts, flattened, the pickled asparagus, and the cream cheese, she did everything except add the bacon and green onions, and she did not bake them, those things were gone within 5 minutes... and she made five trays!! It was the first time I had had pickled asparagus.... I wonder if you could use gluten free bread for this.......
- 24 asparagus spears
- 12 slices bacon
- 24 slices white bread
- 24 slices sharp cheddar cheese, Thin and narrow slices
- 3 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bacon in half strips.
- Fry in a pan until just beneath Crisp Not to limp.
- Lay on paper towels to degrease the Bacon.
- Cut Asparagus into 5/6 inch lengths. Pick thin Stems not thick. Steam the Asparagus in a Steamer until Tender.
- Cut cheese into thin strips about 5x1/2 inches long.
- Melt Butter.
- White bread. Cut off the crust, and roll out thinly with a rolling pin.
- Lay Asparagus, bacon and cheese on a diagonal into the bread.
- Roll the bread upward and seal with butter.
- spread Butter on top so to brown.
- Put into Broiler until Bread is Browned.