Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Can be a bit messy to make, but well worth the effort. Never have made these and not wished I had more to serve. They really do go quickly
- Cut bacon in half strips.
- Fry in a pan until just beneath Crisp Not to limp.
- Lay on paper towels to degrease the Bacon.
- Cut Asparagus into 5/6 inch lengths. Pick thin Stems not thick. Steam the Asparagus in a Steamer until Tender.
- Cut cheese into thin strips about 5x1/2 inches long.
- Melt Butter.
- White bread. Cut off the crust, and roll out thinly with a rolling pin.
- Lay Asparagus, bacon and cheese on a diagonal into the bread.
- Roll the bread upward and seal with butter.
- spread Butter on top so to brown.
- Put into Broiler until Bread is Browned.