1 hr 35 mins
Angela Marie's Note:
Can be a bit messy to make, but well worth the effort. Never have made these and not wished I had more to serve. They really do go quickly
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut bacon in half strips.
- 2Fry in a pan until just beneath Crisp Not to limp.
- 3Lay on paper towels to degrease the Bacon.
- 4Cut Asparagus into 5/6 inch lengths. Pick thin Stems not thick. Steam the Asparagus in a Steamer until Tender.
- 5Cut cheese into thin strips about 5x1/2 inches long.
- 6Melt Butter.
- 7White bread. Cut off the crust, and roll out thinly with a rolling pin.
- 8Lay Asparagus, bacon and cheese on a diagonal into the bread.
- 9Roll the bread upward and seal with butter.
- 10spread Butter on top so to brown.
- 11Put into Broiler until Bread is Browned.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Spears-Appetizer/Hors D'oeuvres
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.2
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 40.9 mg
- Sodium 450.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 10.5 g