Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Taste of Home 2007- Here for safe keeping- have not tried it yet ! Pam and I Can't Believe Its Not Butter Spray are ingredients you will need- could not get them into Zaar 'puter.
- 2 cups fresh asparagus
- 20 sheets phyllo dough
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 3 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Steam asparagus until tender crisp.
- Cut phyllo dough sheets into 13 in by 9 in rectangles. Place 1 sheet on a 13 by 9 by 2 baking pan coated w/ butter flavored non stick spray. Repeat layers 9 times. Arrange spinach, feta and asparagus over the top. Cover with a sheet of phyllo- spritz with a butter spray- not the non stick- a butter type spray.
- Repeat using remaining dough. Cut into 12 pieces. Bake uncovered at 350°F for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- For sauce : Melt butter in a a saucepan. Stir in flour until smooth: gradually add milk. Stir in lemon juice, dill thyme and salt. Bring to a boil : cook and stir 1 minute or until think. Serve the Spanakopita OVER the sauce.