1/7 Photos of Asparagus-Sour Cream-Muffins
These savoury muffins have a delicate taste of fresh green asparagus paired with black pepper and sour cream. I've made these for my daddy's birthday and thought they were great! Very unusual for a muffin, but very tasty! I hope you'll like them, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 280 g flour (2 1/4 cups)
- 7 tablespoons oil (I used sunflower)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper (more if you like)
- 2 large eggs
- 250 g sour cream (1 cup)
- 225 g fresh green asparagus (trimmed and cleaned, ca. 11 stalks)
- 40 g grated cheese, such as gouda (1/3 cup) (optional)
- 1Toss asparagus with 1 tbs of the oil in a baking dish. Roast in the oven at 200°C/400°F for about 10 minutes. Let cool slightly, then cut asparagus into pieces (the lenth of half a finger should be just fine).
- 2Combine flour, baking powder, salt and pepper in a big bowl. Make a well in the centre.
- 3In a second bowl beat eggs lightly. Add sour cream and remaining oil. Pour into the well and mix until dry ingredients are just moistened (make sure not to overmix).
- 4Fold in asparagus.
- 5Fill dough into prepared muffin tins (well greased or paper-lined). If you like sprinkle with grated cheese.
- 6Bake in the preheated oven at 200°C/400°F for 20 minutes or until slightly browned and tester comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus-Sour Cream-Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1001 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.8
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 41.4 mg
- Sodium 167.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 4.3 g