"The soup can be made up to 3 days ahead. Reheat, or serve chilled." - From Woman's Day, June 20 2006.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup coarsely chopped sweet onion
- 1 small potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bunch asparagus, about 1 lb, tough ends trimmed and spears cut in half
- 1Heat oven to 425*. Have a baking sheet ready.
- 2For the soup: Bring all ingredients except asparagus to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the potato is almost tender. Add asparagus; cook 5 minutes until asparagus and potato are tender. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- 3For the tarts: Place flat breads on the baking sheet. Bake 7 minutes, or until slightly crisp. Remove from oven; spread each with 2 tbsp cheese spread. Top each with 4 slices of turkey, folded to fit, and 1/2 the sliced tomato, onion and basil. Cut each into 4 wedges.
- 4Puree soup in a blender until smooth. Accompany each serving with 2 tart wedges.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Soup With Turkey and Tomato Tarts
Serving Size: 1 (457 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.1
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 23.5 mg
- Sodium 1011.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 16.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs