Recipe by mamatosk
An easy vegetarian soup for spring time
Top Review by Tea Jenny
This is a very nice soup, it was quite thick when I liquidised it so I did add a bit more water to it. I was lucky I got mine on sale but I think this would be an occasional treat as it's a bit pricey. Thank you for posting. Made for PAC October 2011
- 59.16 ml butter
- 236.59 ml sliced shallot
- 907.18 g asparagus, trimmed, cut into 2 inch lengths
- 9.85 ml ground coriander
- 793.78 g vegetable broth
- 59.14 ml creme fraiche or 59.14 ml sour cream
- 2.46 ml fresh lemon juice
- 1.23 ml finley grated lemon peel
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add shallots; saute until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add asparagus and corander; stir 1 minute.
- Add broth; simmer until asparagus is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Either work in batches and puree soup in blender or use and immersion blender in same pot.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir creme fraiche, lemon juice and lemon peel in small bowl.
- Ladle soup into bowls, top with dollop of lemon creme fraiche.