Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
An easy vegetarian soup for spring time
Make and share this Asparagus Soup With Lemon Creme Fraiche recipe from Food.com.
- Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add shallots; saute until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add asparagus and corander; stir 1 minute.
- Add broth; simmer until asparagus is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Either work in batches and puree soup in blender or use and immersion blender in same pot.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir creme fraiche, lemon juice and lemon peel in small bowl.
- Ladle soup into bowls, top with dollop of lemon creme fraiche.
This is a very nice soup, it was quite thick when I liquidised it so I did add a bit more water to it. I was lucky I got mine on sale but I think this would be an occasional treat as it's a bit pricey. Thank you for posting. Made for PAC October 2011