Asparagus Soup With Lemon Cream and Tarragon
- Heat a heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat, add olive oil and sauté shallots until transparent.
- Add asparagus (be sure to cut off bottom portion that is hard and stalky) and tarragon leaves (reserve stems for later use) and cook briefly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Deglaze pan with white wine and simmer until reduced by half. Add vegetable stock and continue to cook until asparagus is completely soft. Puree tarragon stems in a blender until completely smooth. Pour through a fine strainer and recheck seasoning.
- Whip cream until firm. Gently fold in lemon zest, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and chopped tarragon stems.
- Pour soup into 4 warm bowls and top with a dollop of cream.