Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Baltimore Style Magazine, March/April 2008. Chef Andrew Evans.
Make and share this Asparagus Soup With Lemon Cream and Tarragon recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 shallots, peeled and sliced
- 2 bunches asparagus
- 1 tablespoon tarragon leaf, chopped
- kosher salt
- fresh black pepper, cracked
- 4 ounces white wine
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 lemon (half of it zested to use in cream)
- Heat a heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat, add olive oil and sauté shallots until transparent.
- Add asparagus (be sure to cut off bottom portion that is hard and stalky) and tarragon leaves (reserve stems for later use) and cook briefly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Deglaze pan with white wine and simmer until reduced by half. Add vegetable stock and continue to cook until asparagus is completely soft. Puree tarragon stems in a blender until completely smooth. Pour through a fine strainer and recheck seasoning.
- Whip cream until firm. Gently fold in lemon zest, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and chopped tarragon stems.
- Pour soup into 4 warm bowls and top with a dollop of cream.