Recipe by Impera_Magna
Posted for Dee so she can find it when asparagus is in season! :) Found in an online search. Prep & serving times are guess-timates.
Top Review by RonaNZ
I loved this for the simplicity of the recipe. Very quick to make with tinned asparagus although I'm sure the flavour would be even better with fresh. I wanted something quick and making a three-serving recipe with a tin of asparagus worked just great. Made two big bowlfuls. I will definitely try again with fresh.
- 1 lb asparagus
- 3 1⁄4 cups salt water
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 2 tablespoons ham, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrape asparagus stalks to remove tough portion and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Place in boiling salted water with a pinch of sugar.
- Simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream.
- Blend in lightly beaten egg yolks.
- Season with pepper, add lemon juice and white wine.
- Fry diced ham in butter till crisp. Sprinkle on top.
- Serve at once.