Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
You'll be surprised at how good this is for such very few ingredients, it's also very quick! this is also good without the half and half, but I think it's better with it!
- 2 (850.48 g) can canned asparagus (undrained)
- 2 (793.78 g) can chicken broth
- 236.59 ml half-and-half cream (optional) or 236.59 ml milk
- 29.58 ml butter
- salt and pepper
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Blend the apsparagus with liquid in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Heat the asparagus puree and chicken broth in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in half and half and bring to a low simmer, season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Stir in butter until melted.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
So quick and yummy! I used whole milk, doubled the butter, and used a four cheese Italian blend to top it off. Really wonderful, and great for my pre-diabetes diet.
Very nice for a lunch. We started on the SBD again and so I used 1% milk and sour cream instead of butter. Good for this rainy cool day. Thanks for posting.
Awesome! I wanted a quick but healthy lunch today because Im going to dinner with my family tonight for my dads birthday. This was just the ticket Kit! I used milk instead of cream and also used the parm cheese. It really added alot to the flavor. Thanks :)