Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
As the weather gets a bit cooler, I love to make soup! This is a great creamy fall soup with Asparagus, Leeks and Fresh Goat Cheese!
- 1 leek white, only (chopped and washed)
- 1 ounce butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups milk
- 2 bunches asparagus, cut in 1 inch segments (you can use stems but remove the woody section)
- 1 (5 1/3 ounce) packagechavrie fresh goat cheese (Pyramid-shaped)
- 1. Sweat leeks in butter until tender (without color) in a heavy gauge sauce pot.
- 2. Add flour and stir well while remaining on the heat.
- 3. Add chicken stock and milk. Bring to a boil simmer for 20 minutes.
- 4. Add asparagus and simmer until tender.
- 5. Carefully remove asparagus with a slotted spoon and place in blender. Add the cooking liquid and blend well( be very careful you must leave the center cap of the blender off and cover loosely so you do not trap the steam.).
- 6. Strain through a fine chinois. Bring to a simmer add the Chavrie® and season with salt and pepper.
- 7. The soup can be served with crab and garnished with blanched asparagus spears.