Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This soup reminds me of my mom's potato soup - with asparagus instead of bacon.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups vegetable broth (or chicken)
- 2 cups milk
- 4 cups asparagus, cut into pieces
- 2 medium potatoes, baked, peeled and mashed (without extra butter and milk)
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add onion and saute until soft and translucent. Stir in flour, garlic salt and black pepper. Slowly stir in vegetable broth and milk. Add asparagus. Cook and stir occasionally until mixture reaches a boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes more, or until asparagus is cooked through. Add mashed potatoes. Heat through.