Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a quick and easy but delicious Asparagus Soup. Adapted from Quick Cooking.
Make and share this Asparagus Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen asparagus cuts
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- seasoned croutons
- In a saucepan, combine asparagus, onion, water, salt, bouillon, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Cool for 5 minutes; stir in milk.
- In a blender or food processor, process the soup in batches until smooth; return to the pan.
- Stir in cream; heat through.
- Garnish with croutons.
I did a few changes to this soup, I sauteed 2 good heaping tablespoons of fresh garlic with the onion in some olive oil and also added in 2 teaspoons crush chili flakes for some heat, increased the basil to 1 teaspoon, we enjoyed this soup, thanks for sharing hon!...Kitten:)