- 1⁄2 onions or 6 scallions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium potato
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh asparagus
- 4 stalks celery
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Sauté onion in butter. Dice potato and add along with l cup of stock. simmer until potatoes are soft.
- 2. Wash asparagus. Snap off the tough ends.
- 3. Chop celery small, including leaves. Add asparagus, celery and remaining vegetable stock to potatoes and onions. cook until vegetables are quite tender.
- 4. Add salt and pepper and puree in blender.
- 5. Return to pot and add milk to thin as desired
- Makes 6 cups.