Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My husband's favorite soup. It's really very good, and freezes well. Use vegetable stock for a vegetarian version ..
- 1 idaho potato, chopped
- 6 cups boiling water
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 lb asparagus, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Put the water, chicken boullion cubes and potatoes in a large sauscepan, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add asparagus and garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
- Puree the soup in a blender until smooth.
- Return soup to pan, add the basil, salt and pepper.
- Cook until hot.
- Enjoy with sourdough rolls!
This was fast and easy to make so I will give it 4 stars, but it was a little bland. I put a little extra bouillon in it to give it more taste. It would probably taste good with rice or small pasta in it.
I didn't have fresh aspargus, but had a jar. It was wonderful. I will try again with fresh. Thanks for sharing
Najwa, I thought this sounded good,but it just was not to my taste.It was kind of bland,it lacked something.Sorry, Darlene