Recipe by najwa
My husband's favorite soup. It's really very good, and freezes well. Use vegetable stock for a vegetarian version ..
Top Review by danagisana
This was fast and easy to make so I will give it 4 stars, but it was a little bland. I put a little extra bouillon in it to give it more taste. It would probably taste good with rice or small pasta in it.
- 1 idaho potato, chopped
- 6 cups boiling water
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 lb asparagus, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the water, chicken boullion cubes and potatoes in a large sauscepan, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add asparagus and garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
- Puree the soup in a blender until smooth.
- Return soup to pan, add the basil, salt and pepper.
- Cook until hot.
- Enjoy with sourdough rolls!