Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A fav soup
Make and share this Asparagus Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs asparagus
- 6 cups low-fat milk
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- crouton (for garnish)
- Snap tough ends off asparagus and discard.
- Place cleaned asparagus in saucepan along with the milk.
- Crumble in the stock cubes and bring slowly to the boil.
- Simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes until asparagus is just tender.
- Process in a food processor or blender until chunky.
- Melt butter in large saucepan.
- Add flour and cook until pale golden.
- Add soup and stir until it comes back to the boil.
- Serve garnished with the croutons.
We had such a big dinner last night that I haven't really been hungry all day today, so have snacked a little here and there. Tonight I felt I needed a good meal, but wanted something light. DH raided the fridge early on and snitched a wedge of last night's left-over Great Round Reuben and didn't want anything else. I cut this recipe in half thinking it would be way too much for us. Boy, I wish I would have made the whole thing now. I had a bowl along with some of Inez's [recipe=31382]Poppy Seed Muffins[/recipe]. They were both delicious and went beautifully together! There is just enough soup left-over that I will be reheating it for a side dish for tomorrow's dinner. Thank you for sharing a really terrific and easy recipe Eve!
Yummy soup. I added a sprinkle of onion flakes, some nutmeg and a little thyme just to jazz it up. I think I may try a little sprinkle of cheddar cheese on top of each serving next time, I think that could be a nice addition and who doesn't love cheese!
Simple and delicious! I love that there weren't too many flavors competing and the asparagus really was the star. And, to make things better it was quick and easy to make. Thanks for sharing the recipe.