Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Everyday Food magazine.
Make and share this Asparagus, Snap Pea and Avocado Salad recipe from Food.com.
- coarse salt
- 1 lb asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 2-inch wedges
- 1 lb sugar snap pea, strings removed
- 1 lb bow tie pasta (farfalle)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh mint or 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley or 1⁄2 cup fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup pecorino cheese, plus more for serving, if desired
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook asparagus until bright green, about 2 minutes. Add snap peas; cook 30 seconds. With a slotted spoon or a small sieve, scoop out vegetables; transfer to a bowl.
- Return water to a boil; add pasta and cook until al dente, according to package directions. Drain; reserving 1 cup pasta water; set pasta aside in colander.
- In pasta pot, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add asparagus, snap peas and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing until vegetables are crisp-tender; about 2 minutes. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter, cooked pasta, avocado, herbs, cheese, and reserved pasta water. Toss to combine; season with salt and pepper. Serve topped with additional cheese; if desired.