Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Real Simple.
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon roasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄8 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups baby arugula or 1 1⁄2 cups mesclun
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Heat a large pan of lightly salted water to boiling over high heat. Peel the asparagus stalks and trim the ends.
- Cut the stalks diagonally into 1-inch pieces. Blanch in boiling water 3 minutes or until bright green.
- Drain in a colander and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking.In a large bowl, combine the vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, cilantro, and salt. Add the asparagus and toss until well combined.
- To serve, pile some salad greens on each of 4 plates. Spoon the dressed asparagus onto the greens and sprinkle with sesame seeds.