Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from Kitchen of Light. The original used unsalted butter, but I prefer salted. If you do use unsalted butter, adding a pinch of salt might be a good idea. I do not recommend a nonstick pan for this dish.
- 453.59 g asparagus
- 29.58 ml butter
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- pepper (be generous)
- Heat a large skillet over high heat.
- Add asparagus and cook for 1 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add the butter.
- Cook, stirring, until butter begins to brown, about 1 minute more.
- Combine mustard, lemon juice and pepper, and add to skillet.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until asparagus is tender but still firm, 5-7 minutes.
Sooo good! Loved this simple; yet delicious dish. I really enjoy dishes with simple ingredients that are full of flavor like this one. I served this with a Chicken Piccata which also included the same ingredients in it. Will definitely be on my go-to list from now on! Thanks for the post!
Loved, loved, loved this! I used unsalted butter, so I added some salt to the mustard mixture. This is just delicious and I'll definitely enjoy this one again. Thanks for sharing....made for Zaar 123 Tag.
What a tasty dish! I made sure to cook the asparagus till just tender and the flavors came thru of the dijon and butter. I also added some salt to it. Made for Zaar's Newest Star Tag Game 2012.