Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
Basically, this is sushi using smoked salmon and asparagus. Nothing raw.
- 3 cups prepared sushi rice
- 200 g mini asparagus, trimmed
- 2 toasted nori, halved and cut into strips
- 200 g sliced smoked salmon, cut into 4cm squares
- pickled ginger (optional)
- soy sauce (optional)
- wasabi (optional)
- Cook asparagus in a saucepan of boiling water for 1 minute or until tender. Rinse under cold water. Drain. Cut each asparagus spear in half crossways. Cut each nori sheet into 2cm-wide strips.
- Form tablespoons of rice into rectangular mounds with rounded edges using your palm as a mold. Top each mound with 2 pieces asparagus and 1 piece salmon to make 24 battleships.
- Wrap 1 nori strip around each.
- Serve with pickled ginger, wasabi, and soy sauce, if desired.