This is the BEST recipe I have ever found using fresh asparagus. I think I could eat this salad everyday for the rest of my life. I discovered this exceptional recipe on foodnetwork, originally from Emeril Lagasse. I have added Blue Cheese crumbles to the finished salad because I think it sends this salad over the top. I have made this recipe several times now. Every time I make it I enjoy it more and more. This salad will make an ordinary meal fabulous!! If you enjoy asparagus as much as I do, I think you will enjoy this recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (I use grape seed oil to make it healthier)
- 1/2 cup walnut oil
- 2 lbs asparagus, trimmed and steamed until tender
- 1In a large bowl combine and whisk together vinegar, shallot, mustard, salt and pepper.
- 2Continue to whisk and add vegetable oil in thin stream.
- 3Whisk in walnut oil; set dressing aside.
- 4Place steamed asparagus on platter; pour dressing over asparagus.
- 5Garnish with toasted walnuts, parsley and Blue Cheese crumbles.
- 6Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if necessary.
- 7Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Salad With Walnut Oil Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 419.8
- Calories from Fat 383
- Total Fat 42.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 4.2 mg
- Sodium 409.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar