Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is the BEST recipe I have ever found using fresh asparagus. I think I could eat this salad everyday for the rest of my life. I discovered this exceptional recipe on foodnetwork, originally from Emeril Lagasse. I have added Blue Cheese crumbles to the finished salad because I think it sends this salad over the top. I have made this recipe several times now. Every time I make it I enjoy it more and more. This salad will make an ordinary meal fabulous!! If you enjoy asparagus as much as I do, I think you will enjoy this recipe!
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil (I use grape seed oil to make it healthier)
- 1⁄2 cup walnut oil
- 2 lbs asparagus, trimmed and steamed until tender
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbles
- fresh ground black pepper
- In a large bowl combine and whisk together vinegar, shallot, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Continue to whisk and add vegetable oil in thin stream.
- Whisk in walnut oil; set dressing aside.
- Place steamed asparagus on platter; pour dressing over asparagus.
- Garnish with toasted walnuts, parsley and Blue Cheese crumbles.
- Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve immediately.