Recipe by Cookin' Mommy
This asparagus salad can be served either warm or cold and has a very easy and quick dressing the kids can even help with. The dressing is great served on green salads too so double or even triple the ingredients to keep on hand. Recipe adapted from FamilyFun's website.
Top Review by Mgnbos
My husband is a reluctant asaparagus eater and he had seconds! I made a 1/2 recipe for the two of us and used kitchen shears to make the 'confetti' super small. Beautiful presentation!
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard or 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs asparagus
- 1⁄2 red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 yellow pepper, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small screw-top jar or plastic container with tight fitting lid, add olive oil, red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper. Shake well to combine and set dressing mixture aside.
- Using a medium pot over high heat bring lightly salted water to a rapid boil. Add asparagus to the boiling water and cook until it is tender but firm.
- Drain asparagus and immediately plunge it into a bowl of ice water. After 5 minutes remove the asparagus, drain again, and pat dry.
- Place asparagus on a platter with tips facing in the same direction and fanned out. Drizzle the dressing over the asparagus and sprinkle with the diced peppers.
- To serve this warm, drain the asparagus after cooking and lay it immediately on the platter, do not plunge in ice water bath.