- 1 lb asparagus
- 1 large seedless orange (peeled and sectioned)
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped toasted hazelnuts (unblanched almonds are nice too)
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim asparagus and cut in to 1-inch pieces and Cook 1 - 1 1/2 min or until tender crisp.
- Immediately plunge into ice water.
- Drain well.
- Whisk together orange juice, vinegar, orange zest, mustard, olive oil, and spices.
- Toss with asparagus and orange sections.
- Sprinkle with toasted nuts.