Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 2 bunches fresh asparagus
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk all vinaigrette ingredients in a small jug.
- Snap woody ends from asparagus and place in a steamer for 4-5 minutes until they are crisp tender.
- Then plunge them into ice cold water to stop cooking process.
- Drain onto small towel and pat dry.
- Serve as an appetiser, using chives sprinkled on top as a garnish.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over top.
Eve, once again a great recipe!! The best asparagus salad, the lime was wonderful with it and the asparagus had just the right amount of crispness!! thank-you for sharing a wonderfull salad, we will do over and over again.
I won't rate this since I messed it up. I subbed splenda for the sugar out of habit. Well you know how there are just some times when you shouldn't sub it? I think was one of those times. Will make again soon and follow recipe. Just wanted to post a picture for you!