- 2 bunches fresh asparagus
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk all vinaigrette ingredients in a small jug.
- Snap woody ends from asparagus and place in a steamer for 4-5 minutes until they are crisp tender.
- Then plunge them into ice cold water to stop cooking process.
- Drain onto small towel and pat dry.
- Serve as an appetiser, using chives sprinkled on top as a garnish.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over top.