Recipe by Bolistoli
Nice, light asparagus salad that's easy and quick to throw together. Goes great with seafood, or other rich foods. Note that the dressing probably makes more than you'll need for the salad, so you'll have some left over for other salads.
- 1 lb asparagus, tough ends snapped off
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly steam asparagus, so it still has some crunch to it (it should be bright green).
- Cut the asparagus into 1-inch pieces (give or take).
- Whisk the remaining ingredients together to make the dressing.
- Toss the asparagus with enough dressing to coat.
- VARIATION - Toss in some chopped roasted red pepper for added flavor and color.
- VARIATION - Toss in some toasted pine nuts (or other nuts you may like) for crunch.