Prep 1 min
Cook 6 mins
This salad can be made ahead of time; refrigerated and served cold. This recipe is from domino magazine. It is delicious and elegant.
- 2 bunches thick asparagus (ends trimmed)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- fresh ground pepper
- Place water in the bottom of a steamer pot, and bring to a boil. Set asparagus inside the steamer insert and cook, covered, for 4-6 minutes, until asparagus is tender but still maintains its shape.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together mustard and vinegar. add the olive oil in a very thin stream, whisking constantly, until a thick emulsion forms.
- place asparagus on a platter, drizzzle with dressing, and top with shallots and pepper.
I cut the recipe down because there's just the 2 of us and it was wonderful. Followed exactly and wouldn't change a thing. Made for PAC Spring 2010.
Not leaving stars, because I cooked my asparagus too long. I wanted to note that, although I was afraid there wouldn't be enough sauce that there ended up being an ample amount, so make it as written and check it out before you increase it (as I started to do)! This does create an elegant looking dish.