Recipe by CountryLady
These are two of my favourite things!
Top Review by Kit^..^ty Of Canada
I loved this dish. I steamed enough asparagus for two dinners. Mixed in the amount of dressing at the time of serving. I was looking for dishes that I could make in the morning & serve cold at night for dinner due to the heat. Served this with recipe#39786 & grilled chicken. Thank you CountryLady we will be having this often when asparagus is in season.
- 2 lbs asparagus, tough ends trimmed,cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut julienne
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook asparagus in large pot of boiling, salted water until crisp-tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Place in a decorative bowl and put in the refrigerator until thoroughly chilled.
- Boil vinegar in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat until reduced by half, about 3 minutes.
- This will sweeten and concentrate the vinegar; pour into a large bowl.
- Whisk in oil, mustard, marjoram and garlic.
- Season dressing to taste with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- When ready to serve, add the red peppers and toss with dressing.
- Sprinkle with nuts and serve.