Recipe by chia
this recipe is from quick & easy magazine and makes a great weeknight salad
Top Review by Derf
Good asparagus Chia!!I didn't have any orange concentrate so I used fresh and I cut down on the oil to 1/4 cup other than that I did as instructed. We loved it, surprized how well the orange went with the asparagus and mushrooms. I did add some orange zest from the oranges I used. We made the whole recipe and ate half of it tonight and will finish it for lunch tomorrow. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt, pepper
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 leaf lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- cook asparagus in boiling water for 2 minutes (or cook in micro for 1 minute) drain and put in serving plate.
- add mushrooms.
- stir oj, water, oil, vinegar, salt& pepper in a small bowl.
- pour half of the dressing over asparagus and mushrooms.
- line 6 plates with lettuce top with asparagus mushroom mixture, add cherry tomatoes drizzle with reserved dressing.