Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
I got this recipe idea out of a magazine, then have added a few of my own things in. It's a great summer time salad!
- 2 cups fresh asparagus (Chopped)
- 1 cup purple onion (Sliced)
- 1 cup artichoke heart (Chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup black olives (Sliced)
- 1 cup tomatoes (Chopped)
- 5 ounces feta (Crumbled)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro
- 1⁄3 cup fresh Italian parsley
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Dressing: Mix Cilantro, Italian Parsley, Dill, Mayonnaise, Dijon Mustard, White Balsamic Vinegar & Sea Salt.
- Boil Asparagus for about 4 min, then rinse with cold water and let cool.
- In a large bowl mix Asparagus, Purple Onion, Artichoke Hearts, Black Olives, Tomatoes & Feta. Then add your dressing and enjoy!
This salad surprised me--I was hesitant to blend the odd mix of ingredients together although they're all favorite foods individually. My worries were unfounded--delightfully delicious. It's so attractive too. Best of all, this is the type recipe you can modify. You can make enough for one person or four, and then add dressing as needed. This will be added to my lunch rotation because it's easy & fast. Thanks, Punky for the nice recipe contribution.
WOW! I chose this recipe, because I love all of the veggies used in this salad. I am so glad I decided to give this a try. All of the flavors bled together so well, yet you can taste each individual flavor. I will definitely make this again. It is so versatile it will work as a side dish with chicken, beef, pork or fish and in a casual or more formal setting. I did make one slight change...I used red wine vinegar in place of the balsamic as a personal choice, however; no other changes are necessary. It is a definite keeper, and one that I will be making again. Made and reviewed for Spring 2011 PAC.
Well this is delish I made this as written you don't need to change a thing. We had this BBQ there was none left my family says this is a keeper. The flavors blend perfectly. I don't know what you changed from the original but you did a super job!!! This will be made agian and again.