1/3 Photos of Asparagus Rolls With Jalapeño Chutney
So good I can't even describe it! Super easy to prepare in spite of my detailed directions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth or 1 tablespoon vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 dash salt
- 1Heat olive oil in a small saute pan over low heat; Add the jalapeños, garlic, onion, and red pepper and saute until garlic just begins to brown.
- 2Dissolve sugar in lemon juice then add the juice and broth to pan and mix thoroughly.
- 3Add salt and reduce heat to simmer for at least 15 minutes, or until mixture darkens and thickens, stirring occasionally.
- 4In the meantime, microwave asparagus for 2 minutes (half that time for thin stalks), then plunge immediately into cold water; Asparagus should not be completely cooked at this point.
- 5Set aside a handful of cheese and divide the remainder between the two tortillas, spreading evenly over the surface.
- 6Microwave one cheese covered tortilla at a time for 30 seconds; As soon as a tortilla comes out, stack two asparagus spears on one end, and two more on top of them.
- 7Roll the tortilla firmly, so the spears are sticking out a little at top and bottom.
- 8Just before serving, put the remaining cheese on top of the rolls and return them to the micro for 30 seconds each.
- 9Serve with dollop of sour cream and a small amount of chutney.
- 10Put lemon zest on top of chutney for color.
- 11Great served with Spanish Rice.
Browse Our Top Chutneys Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Rolls With Jalapeño Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 512.5
- Calories from Fat 298
- Total Fat 33.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 80.7 mg
- Sodium 762.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 26.0 g