Recipe by Lorrie in Montreal
If you like asparagus, give this a try.Use whatever type of cheese you prefer, cheddar,mozzarella etc.
Top Review by Color Guard Mom
Very good. Needs a little more zip, but I think that is just a personal preference. Will make these again as hubby prefers them over plain asparagus. Made for Potluck Tag Game.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 1 (8 ounce) package crescent roll dough
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup bacon bits
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Break off tough ends of the asparagus leaving just the tender tips.
- Steam for several minutes until cooked just crisp tender.
- Open crescent roll dough and separate at the seams.
- Sprinkle some cheese, bacon bits and green onion on each roll followed by an asparagus spear.
- Roll up and bake in the oven for 10 - 12 minutes or until rolls are browned.
- Slice and serve.