Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
If you like asparagus, give this a try.Use whatever type of cheese you prefer, cheddar,mozzarella etc.
- Break off tough ends of the asparagus leaving just the tender tips.
- Steam for several minutes until cooked just crisp tender.
- Open crescent roll dough and separate at the seams.
- Sprinkle some cheese, bacon bits and green onion on each roll followed by an asparagus spear.
- Roll up and bake in the oven for 10 - 12 minutes or until rolls are browned.
- Slice and serve.
Very good. Needs a little more zip, but I think that is just a personal preference. Will make these again as hubby prefers them over plain asparagus. Made for Potluck Tag Game.
This was enjoyed by my family. I wasn't sure what temperature to bake these but I used 400 degrees and they turned out perfectly. I only used 2 stalks of asparagus in my crescent rolls (1 pound was way too much). I used cheddar cheese and real bacon bits. Great taste. I also wasn't sure about instruction 8 (the slicing part) so I just left them whole. Made for Photo Tag.