Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Serve with ham and eggs. Perfect side dish for easter brunch. Simple yet impressive.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup bacon bits
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Break off tough ends of the asparagus leaving just the tender tips. Steam for several minutes until cooked crisp tender.
- Open crescent roll dough and separate at the seams. Sprinkle some cheese, bacon bits and green onion on each roll followed by an asparagus spear.
- Roll up and bake in the oven for 10 - 12 minutes or until rolls are browned.
Served for brunch on Mother's Day and they were a hit. I had no trouble at all using two spears of asparagus in each one. Made some with bacon and some without. Put a bacon bit on top of the ones with bacon inside to let guests know which ones had bacon. Delicious!
This was very good. I got a little fancy and used both white and green asparagus. The ones I picked were on the thin side, so I was able to place one of each color into the roll. It was so pretty and quite simple to make. My only problem was that some of the stems held on to water and made the rolls a little soggy. I think this was all user error though and not something against the directions of this recipe. I will make these again soon, and I will be holding the spears in some paper towel before rolling them up. Made and Reviewed for 123 Hit Wonders tag - Thanks! :)
Hi there! If you've frozen these, it would be best to fully thaw them before you bake. Otherwise, your crescents might turn out undercooked. Let us know how it turns out!