Recipe by Auggy
A popular finger food that is easy to prepare before hand
Top Review by mforbes321
I'm not sure if the taste warranted the work. It wasn't difficult by any means but it didn't "wow" me. On the other hand I had a friend that was bowled over by them so it may just be personal taste. They seem a bit "retro" to me.
- 24 slices white bread
- 4 ounces blue cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 24 asparagus spears
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim crusts from bread & flatten w/ rolling pin.
- Mix butter w/ cheese & spread on bread. Top each slice w/ asparagus spear. Roll bread around asparagus, securing w/ toothpick.
- Paint with melted butter & cut into fourths (can be easier to cut once frozen).
- Place on a cookie sheet in the freezer (put wax paper on the cookie sheet so they don't stick).
- When frozen, transfer to a plastic bag and store in freezer until ready to prepare.
- To prepare:.
- Bake frozen rollers on cookie sheet for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.