1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 30 mins
My daughter in law served this for Mother's Day dinner, it was delicious! She used the wine and served it with a brown rice pilaf and pickled beets, colorful and wonderful dinner!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs asparagus, woody ends snapped off
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs, unrolled, visible fat cut off (about 3 1/2 lbs)
- 4 ounces garlic and herb goat cheese, roll cut crosswise in 8 rounds
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 12 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1/4 cup dry madeira wine or 1/4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes (onion soup will do)
- 1/4 cup dried Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1Bring a medium pot of water to a boil.
- 2Have a 13x9 baking dish ready.
- 3Boil asparagus 2 minutes or until crisp tender.
- 4Drain in a colander, cool under cold running water, drain well, pat dry.
- 5Sauce: Heat oil in a large nonstick frypan over medium high heat.
- 6Add mushrooms, saute 4 to 5 minutes until barely browned.
- 7In a large bowl, whisk remaining sauce ingredients until blended, stir in mushrooms.
- 8Reserve 1 cup, pour rest into the baking dish.
- 9Place unrolled thighs boned side up.
- 10Top each with a cheese round, then 3 or 4 asparagus.
- 11Roll up, place seam side down on sauce.
- 12Spoon reserved 1 cup sauce over chicken.
- 13Cover tightly with foil, refrigerate up to one day.
- 14To serve: Heat oven to 350°F.
- 15Bake 55 to 60 minutes until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- 16Meanwhile mix crumb topping ingredients.
- 17Sprinkle crumbs over chicken, bake uncovered 5 to 10 minutes until crumbs are lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Rolled Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.0
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 67.8 mg
- Sodium 446.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 20.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
garlic and herb goat cheese