Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
My daughter in law served this for Mother's Day dinner, it was delicious! She used the wine and served it with a brown rice pilaf and pickled beets, colorful and wonderful dinner!
- 2 lbs asparagus, woody ends snapped off
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs, unrolled, visible fat cut off (about 3 1/2 lbs)
- 4 ounces garlic and herb goat cheese, roll cut crosswise in 8 rounds
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 12 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup dry madeira wine or 1⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes (onion soup will do)
- 1⁄4 cup dried Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil.
- Have a 13x9 baking dish ready.
- Boil asparagus 2 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Drain in a colander, cool under cold running water, drain well, pat dry.
- Sauce: Heat oil in a large nonstick frypan over medium high heat.
- Add mushrooms, saute 4 to 5 minutes until barely browned.
- In a large bowl, whisk remaining sauce ingredients until blended, stir in mushrooms.
- Reserve 1 cup, pour rest into the baking dish.
- Place unrolled thighs boned side up.
- Top each with a cheese round, then 3 or 4 asparagus.
- Roll up, place seam side down on sauce.
- Spoon reserved 1 cup sauce over chicken.
- Cover tightly with foil, refrigerate up to one day.
- To serve: Heat oven to 350°F.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Meanwhile mix crumb topping ingredients.
- Sprinkle crumbs over chicken, bake uncovered 5 to 10 minutes until crumbs are lightly browned.