Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
Use as a finger food, a side dish with dinner or with soup at lunch.
- 16 asparagus spears
- 16 slices sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chives (fresh minced or dried)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Place asparagus in a skillet with a small amount of water; cook until crispy-tender, about 6-8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Flatten bread with a rolling pin. Combine the cream cheese, bacon and chives; spread 1 tablespoonful on each slice of bread. Top with an asparagus spear. Roll up tightly; place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Brush with butter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cut roll-ups in half.
- Bake at 400°F for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.