Recipe by Mommy Fawns
This is a great recipe for something different. They look like a fancy little hors d'oeuvre. Have taken them to several get-togethers, and they are always eaten up.
- 16 fresh asparagus spears
- 16 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 8 -12 slices bacon, strips cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 3 -6 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- lemon juice
- hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Place asparagus in a skillet with a small amount of water; cook until crisp and tender, about 6-8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Flatten bread with a rolling pin. Combine the cream cheese, bacon, chives, lemon juice, and hot sauce spread 1 tablespoonful on each slice of bread.
- Top with an asparagus spear. Roll up tightly; place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Brush with butter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut roll-ups in half.