Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Quick and easy appetizer or great for a snack.
- 18 slices sandwich bread, crusts removed
- French dressing, to taste (I use Wishbone's Salad Spritzers French)
- Tony Chachere's Seasoning, to taste (or other Creole seasoning)
- garlic powder, to taste
- 5 ounces thinly sliced roast beef
- 18 slices swiss cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can asparagus spears, drained
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted (optional)
- Flatten bread with a rolling pin.
- Drizzle each slice lightly with dressing (I use 3-4 pumps per slice from the spray bottle) and sprinkle with seasonings.
- Place a slice of roast beef on top of each slice of bread and a slice of cheese on each slice of roast beef.
- Place 1 asparagus spear (if very thin use 2 facing opposite directions) on each roll-up.
- Roll the bread up tightly around the asparagus (jelly roll style).
- You can either serve at this point or brush with melted butter and broil until cheese melts and bread browns to serve hot (about 5 minutes on LOW).
I used wheat bread. It was what I had. I was also sparing with the butter. Very easy to make. The appetizers turned out yummy just as posted, but the variations are endless. Thank you!