Recipe by Charlotte J
These appetizers may be frozen and baked at a later date.
Top Review by mimihasretired
Served these little appetizers at my daughter's baby shower and they got rave reviews. The recipe is so easy to make. I did use a heaping tablespoon of Gorgonzola, black pepper instead of white and only needed one can of asparagus. There were enough asparagus in the can to make a whole loaf of bread (20 slices). I froze them ahead of time and just popped them in the oven at the shower! Wonderful flavor and thanks so much for the recipe!
- 12 slices fresh white bread
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon crumbled wisconsin blue cheese
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 (10 ounce) cans asparagus spears, drained
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove crusts from bread and flatten slices very thin with a rolling pin.
- With an electric mixer, blend cheeses, sour cream and seasonings together and spread on one side of bread slices.
- Place an asparagus spear on each bread slice and roll up jelly roll style.
- Brush each roll-up with melted butter.
- Cut roll-ups into bite-sized pieces (3 to 4 per roll up).
- Place seam side down on a cookie sheet and bake 5 to 10 minutes at 450 degrees until pieces are lightly browned.