Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Asparagus is one of my favorite springtime vegetables. This recipe comes from Allrecipes 30 Minutes to Cook, submitted by J.L.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus spear, trimmed
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook asparagus in a large pot of boiling water for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Lay one slice of prosciutto on a plate. Layer one slice of cheese on top of the prosciutto. Place 3 to 4 asparagus spears at one end of the cheese and prosciutto and sprinkle with pepper to taste. Roll the cheese and prosciutto up over the asparagus and secure it with a toothpick.
- Repeat procedure with remaining asparagus, prosciutto and cheese.
- Place asparagus rolls in a casserole dish. Pour melted butter over the asparagus.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Baked in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and breadcrumbs are crisp.